In this episode I discuss the Aussie pronunciation of the verb “to give” when followed by the pronouns “me”, “us”, “them”, “you”, “him” and “her” and how they change when we Aussies speak quickly.
- Give + me = gimme
- Give + us = givus
- Give + them = givem
- Give + you = givya
- Give + him = givim
- Give + her = giver
- Can you gimme a minute? I’m not ready.
- I’m parched, can you givus another beer?
- They’ll finish the work if you givem some more time.
- I’ll givya twenty minutes to get ready.
- If he’s still hungry then givim some more food.
- We’ll giver a fair price for the car.
Note: remember we never write “givem” or “givim” etc, I’m just doing that here for the sake of teaching you the pronunciation.
Come over to the Aussie English Facebook page and chat to the many other Aussie English learners. Practice a few of these words or phrases, ask any questions you may have, and be a part of the conversation! All the best guys!