Today’s a more serious episode of Aussie English where I decided to talk about my recent health scare.
Before going to bed the other night I discovered a lump that I’d never noticed before in one of my testicles. I was terrified it could be testicular cancer like anyone who finds a sudden change down there.
Here’s what I did next and what the result ended up being.
My main reason for posting this is to spread awareness about male health.
– Check yourself on a regular basis.
– Be wary of any changes that you notice.
– If you notice something different, see your GP immediately.
– It may be embarrassing, but embarrassment is better than the potential alternatives.
Here are some useful links to information and videos on this topic:
What You Should Know About Testicle Lumps – https://www.healthline.com/health/testicle-lump
Testicular Self Exam Tutorial – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0eYFW71Vs0
Testicular Cancer: Signs, Symptoms and Self-Exams – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfcxXl9uK_Y
Here's what you get when you sign up!
- Read while you listen using the Premium Podcast player.
- Understand every word in every episode.
- Download all PDF transcripts and MP3s for 600+ episodes.
- Get access to bonus member-only episodes.