Learn Australian English in this episode of the Aussie English Podcast where I teach you how to use the expression TAKE SOMEONE’S WORD FOR IT like an Australian!
In today’s episode we:
- Breakdown the meaning of the words in this expression,
- Discover what the expression “take (someone’s) word for it” means,
- Learn how to use the expression,
- Listen to real dialogue examples of the expression in use,
- Go through a pronunciation exercise, and
I read to you a lovely poem titled “Old Man Platypus” by Australian bush poet Banjo Paterson!
Improve your listening skills today – listen, play & pause this episode – and start speaking like a native English speaker!
Click below to download the FREE PDF Worksheet!
Download the FREE PDF worksheet by clicking the button below!
Here's what you get when you sign up!
- Read while you listen using the Premium Podcast player.
- Understand every word in every episode.
- Download all PDF transcripts and MP3s for 600+ episodes.
- Get access to bonus member-only episodes.