Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
had – hæd
mad – mæd
stab – stæb
glad – glæd
map – mæp
hat – hæt
cat – kæt
fat – fæt
plat – plæt
hack – hæk
hacked – hækt
whack – wæk
whacked – wækt
knack – næk
mat – mæt
clap – klæp
æ – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- This lad had a cat to pat.
- The yapping lap dog got zapped.
- I had to look at the fat bat clapping.
- She wrapped a cap of matt black wax.
- My comrade was glad to have a rad new pad.
- The chap had a crappy map that took him off track.
- The bad graduate had got mad and stabbed at his bag.
- She stacked a sack of cracked black fat on the yack’s back.
- The cat whacked his back with a pack of black trackie dacks (tracksuit pants).
- The gnat took a nap in a crack or gap in the scrap of Glad Wrap (cling wrap).