Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
Wet – wet
Wake – wæɪk
Away – əˈwæɪ
Weak – wiːk
Twist – twɪst
Squeak – skwiːk
Quit – kwɪt
Thwart – θwoːt
Switch – swɪʧ
Bewitch – bɪˈwɪʧ
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- Maxwell wheezed willy-nilly wildly.
- Which wickets would we want to whack?
- What weird wax will we have to work with?
- Twenty wizards were waiting in the swamp.
- Wimps won’t walk where we are chewing kiwis.
- What whisky will we wolf down while we’re swimming?
- William wants to know whether the weather will be wet.
- Wombats will be in the way when walking on windy days.
- The twisted witch squeaked and squealed with wickedness.
- The swift whistler was unable to whistle in the blowing wind.