Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
Saw – soː
House – hæɔs
Spit – spɪt
Scrape – skræɪp
Unzips – ɐnˈzɪps
Jigsaw – ˈʤɪgˌsoː
Scatter – ˈskætɐ
Stiff – stɪf
Fist – fɪst
Backs – bæks
Blitz – blɪts
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- Spit south so the winds scatter.
- So Susan slit the throats of seven goats.
- Sam’s shop stocks short spotted socks.
- Start saving single dollars selling jigsaws.
- She’s used to standing still and scraping stones.
- Seth’s stiff fist stopped several thieves stealing.
- Samuel saw Steven saying not to sell stinky sheets.
- Sixteen planes soared so significantly past the blitz.
- Stop selling seashells for Sally’s school on Sundays.
- Sit the ladders sideways against the house’s silly windows.