Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
Pair – peː
Cup – kɐp
Spin – spɪn
Napkin – ˈnæpkən
Naps – næps
Pickup – ˈpɪkɐp
Plant – plænt
Jump – ʤɐmp
Clapped – klæpt
Happy – ˈhæpiː
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- Peter, please pick up the plants.
- Happy napkins placed on jumpers.
- He keeps capturing purple platypuses.
- She played with a pair of plastic lollipops.
- A pack of peppy nippers played hopscotch.
- The puppy jumped up onto the plump pumpkin.
- A happy place for poppy plants to play and prance.
- The problem with spinning pictures properly is pointless.
- Perry picked a pair of proper peptides to pop impartially.
- The piper picked a pot of pickled prickled peppers to poke.