Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
You – jʉː
Soya – ˈsoɪjɐ
New – njʉː
Queue – kjʉː
Abuse – əˈbjʉːs
Confuse – kənˈfjʉːz
Beautiful – ˈbjʉːtəfʊl
Yank – jæŋk
Beyond – bɪˈjɔnd
Fuel – fjʊl
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- You abuse pure Europeans.
- Yobbos yammer away for yonks.
- Hugh yielded your useless yogurt.
- There used to be fewer yawning yodlers.
- You’re yearning to yarn about yummy soya.
- You accuse new queues of refusing to fuse.
- Yolanda yanked your yucky yellow yowling yabbie.
- The fuel you consume in your pursuing ute is useless.
- Yeah, you used to use abusive youths to confuse users.
- A few cute users accused Hugh’s new stew of being putrid.