Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
Bad – bæd
Crab – kræb
Black – blæk
Jumbo – ˈʤɐmbəʉ
Kebab – kəˈbæb
Blabbed – blæbd
Brain – bræɪn
Curb – kɜːb
Pubs – pɐbz
Bulb – bɔlb
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- The crab kebab got Brad to blab.
- Bob broke the lightbulb by accident.
- Bad boxes of bits of bizarre bronze blocks.
- The big bomb blew up banging and booming.
- The beautiful grub the pub bought was brilliant.
- Jumbo lumber was laborious to burn in the blaze.
- It’s better the bulb is broken and blown than burnt.
- Banjos brought to bingo will bring stop to the buzzing.
- Beau brought the boombox he bought with seven bucks.
- Grab the chubby lad begging for a stab and a jab with a broken bottle.