Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
Little – ˈlɪɾl
Better – ˈbeɾɐ
University – ˌjʉːnɪˈvɜːsɪɾiː
Middle – ˈmɪɾl
Fourteen – ˈfoːˈɾiːn
Ladder – ˈlæɾɐ
Water – ˈwoːɾɐ
Party – ˈpɑːɾiː
Faulty – ˈfoːlɾiː
Whatever – wɔɾˈevɐ
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- I didn’t even party a little.
- A little water in the middle.
- The batter was thirteen today.
- Whatever did he say about it?
- The university has fourteen ladders.
- He thought of thirty pretty little ladies.
- The little middle bottle is better than the latter.
- There’re seventy or eighty universities in the city.
- Muddling, waddling, cuddling, coddling, shuddering.
- They got over waiting for their mate in the middle of the city.