Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
horde/whored – hoːd
bored – boːd
lord – loːd
warn/worn – woːn
cord/chord – koːd
sure/shore – ʃoː
floor – floː
shorn – ʃoːn
fork – foːk
dork – doːk
storm – stoːm
bought – boːt
court/caught – koːt
fraught – froːt
oː – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- I abhor herbivore‘s that eat apple cores.
- He caught a fish he fought with for fourteen hours.
- The core of this word cord has been shorn before.
- More decor on the dance floor shouldn’t be ignored.
- The cat clawed at the lakeshore looking for more straw.
- I bought some boar meat and tore it four times with my fork.
- We saw a postwar uproar but still thought we were done for.
- The boar tried to gnaw at the cord that kept the trap door forced shut.
- The lord snored on the floor while the door was more open than before.
- Furthermore, the mall doesn’t have a good rapport with Ecuador anymore.