Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
hoist – hoɪst
moist – moɪst
boy/buoy – boɪ
toy – toɪ
annoy – əˈnoɪ
coy – koɪ
lawyer – ˈloɪjə
ploy – ploɪ
void – voɪd
joy – ʤoɪ
destroy – dəsˈtroɪ
oɪ – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- The toy annoyed the boy.
- She plays coy with the boys in Fitzroy.
- You spoil the soil and toil with the coin.
- The tomboy was employed as a lawyer.
- I foisted my joy on the busboy named Roy.
- We destroyed the moist buoy in the void made of foil.
- I heard a noise that was his voice coming from that joint.
- The schoolboy aimed to deploy a toy made of bok choy.
- There’s nothing enjoyable in an annoying ploy to destroy employees.
- Do you enjoy metal alloys employed to make these annoying buoys?