Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
hair/hare – heː
fare/fair – feː
lair – leː
bare/bear – beː
tear – teː
care – keː
snare – sneː
flare – fleː
air – eː
prayer – preː
dare – deː
swear – sweː
wear/where/we’re – weː
rare – reː
yeah – jeː
eː – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- Where their prayers are rare.
- Yeah, I swear we’re nearly there.
- Tear the pair of square stairs over there.
- Where do the bears dare to scare hares?
- They waved their hair in the air as a dare.
- Claire‘s pair of bare hands were wearing knitwear.
- The rare hare carelessly caught his hair in the snare.
- Parents with kids in childcare care about their footwear.
- Their semitransparent grandparents are inherently errant.
- The bare-naked bear stared into his lair with despair at the pair of flares.