Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
This – ðɪs
Father – ˈfɐːðɐ
Rhythm – ˈrɪðəm
Southern – ˈsɐðən
Clothes – kləʉðz
Within – wɪˈðɪn
Smooth – smʉːð
Clothing – ˈkləʉðɪŋ
Further – ˈfɜːðɐ
With – wɪð
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- These are southern, those are northern.
- The father’s smooth feathers weathered.
- Neither this nor that, neither these nor those.
- That’s their father breathing whilst sunbathing.
- Their brother’s southern clothes bothered them.
- Within their mother’s smooth clothing they thrived.
- Heather’s heathen father was worthy of better weather.
- Although, the northern drum rhythm was rather smooth.
- The brother bothered their mother with their father’s leather feather.
- They bathed together in the bothersome weather in the Netherlands.