Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
hide – hɑed
lied – lɑed
fried – frɑed
like – lɑek
strike – strɑek
bike – bɑek
plight – plɑet
lite/light – lɑet
might/mite – mɑet
mic/Mike – mɑek
hike – hɑek
hype – hɑep
dye/die – dɑe
climb – klɑem
wide – wɑed
ɑe – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- The liar tried to comply.
- I never denied my wife knew why.
- Tonight, we might go skydiving.
- He smiled at the pile of slimy wine bottles.
- Pride is rife when you like the prize you won.
- My wife drives nine miles to dine on fine wine.
- Ninety five limes thrive on the wide lime trees.
- I might wipe the grime from my striped tie this time.
- I don’t deny my bright white kite is quite nice to fly
- The mice won’t smile when the wide trap is lying on the tiles.