Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
hate – hæɪt
late – læɪt
make – mæɪk
state – stæɪt
crêpe – cræɪp
freight – fræɪt
cake – kæɪk
hey/hay – hæɪ
may – mæɪ
stay – stæɪ
play – plæɪ
bane – bæɪn
stain – stæɪn
mane – mæɪn
bay – bæɪ
æɪ – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- Maybe get away from the hay.
- The cayman’s decay was delayed.
- Midway through the day I may want to stay.
- The player paid for the cake to be made.
- The raceway had an oil stain that the rain washed away.
- She prays you’ll relay the message about the play today.
- Someday the lions mane may get caked with stains.
- What would you say to freighting eight crêpes to Spain?
- He aims to stay away from subways on workdays.
- Today, the bay slipway may be a great place to play.