Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
howl/how‘ll – hæɔl
foul/fowl – fæɔl
crowd – kæɔd
loud – læɔd
bow – bæɔ
bowed – bæɔd
now – næɔ
cow – kæɔ
cloud – klæɔd
plough/plow – plæɔ
owl – æɔl
scowl – skæɔl
towel – ˈtæɔl
æɔ – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- The cow scowled at the towel.
- The owl ploughed through the cloud.
- Now there’s a foul smell in the crowd.
- The clown made a loud growl in town.
- How will we get around to moving down town?
- I bowed down to the crowd in my lounge room.
- The king’s heavy crown drowned him in the brown water.
- The cow lounged around on a mound of dirt on the ground.
- The music was so loud the sound caused my head to pound.
- There was no loud sound when the owl frowned at the ground.