Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
hood – hʊd
wood – wʊd
foot – fʊt
could – kʊd
would – wʊd
should – ʃʊd
cook – kʊk
look – lʊk
took – tʊk
book – bʊk
hook – hʊk
stood – stʊd
ʊ – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- I couldn’t have stood a good five minutes.
- The crook would have understood the book.
- He drew a rook in the notebook that they took.
- The good chook always stood alone in the woods.
- He stood and took another look at what he’d cooked.
- He mistook a good handful of hooks for a wooden foot.
- A mouthful of wood wouldn’t taste good even if cooked.
- We couldn’t pull the wool because the bull was too cool.
- The bull stood on the book to look in the neighbourhood.
- She should try putting the pudding on the woman’s wooden rug.