Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
tour – tʊə
lure – ljʊə
newer – ˈnjʊə
fewer – ˈfjʊə
cure – kjʊə
bluer – ˈblʊə
sewer – ˈsʊə
pursuer – pəˈsjʊə
reviewer – rɪˈvjʊə
skewer – ˈskjʊə
truer – ˈtrʊə
brewer – ˈbrʊə
ʊə – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- Wrongdoers need fewer pure lures.
- I knew (h)er before the brewer tour.
- The viewer was lured into the sewer.
- Fewer cures were found for spewers.
- There’s no truer rescuer for evildoers.
- The newer pursuer knew a bluer skewer.
- The brewer threw a skewer to a newer shoer.
- Those who’re newer should take the sewer tour.
- Rescuers, pursuers, and interviewers try to cure evildoers.
- It’s premature to procure then insure the newer and obscure cure.