Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
shoot – ʃʉːt
boot – bʉːt
loot – lʉːt
coop – kʉːp
lewd – lʉːd
loop – lʉːp
new/knew – njʉː
blew/blue – blʉː
clue – klʉː
through/threw – θrʉː
roo – rʉː
stew – stjʉː
boo – bʉː
jew/dew – ʤʉː
ʉː – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- You knew the new newt was mute.
- The brute‘s stupid ute wasn’t a beaut.
- I threw too much kangaroo in the blue stew.
- The snooty dude flew his blue flute to Beirut.
- She brewed a stew of glue for Hugh‘s new loo (toilet).
- A few cute fruits grew on Stew‘s beautiful new suit from Peru.
- Dewy’s new tattoo is of a shrew who threw you to the moon.
- She astutely pursued the reputedly new grapefruit along the route.
- You did a loop in a spacesuit whilst zooming throughout the coop.
- You commute through this route to shoot at absolutely minute roos.