Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
hear/here – hɪə
clear – klɪə
near – nɪə
beer – bɪə
fear – fɪə
dear/deer – dɪə
pier/peer – pɪə
steer – stɪə
mere – mɪə
tear – tɪə
ɪə – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- The deer was a mere steer.
- Steer the rear of the spear into the pier.
- I used my heel to feel the meal with zeal.
- Dear me, she’s nearly clearly able to hear me.
- I fear this queer beer will cheer us up from ear to ear.
- The mutineer‘s old career as an engineer was dreary.
- It’s unclear if this year‘s beer is sincerely a souvenir.
- Don’t interfere with insincere brigadiers with weird ears.
- The eel and the seal squealed as they kneeled before the wheel.
- The clear sphere was adhered to the sheer frontier nowhere near here.