Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
heard/herd – hɜːd
burred/bird – bɜːd
learn – lɜːn
fern – fɜːn
turn – tɜːn
burn – bɜːn
yearn – jɜːn
curd – kɜːd
third – θɜːd
nerd – nɜːd
burp – bɜːp
slurp – slɜːp
fur – fɜː
stir – stɜː
spur – spɜː
whirl – wɜːl
ɜː – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- The nerd stirred the worm into the dirt.
- I heard you were searching for burnt fern.
- Were they allergic to their certain preferred dessert?
- She concurred that the colonel’s concern could recur.
- The person returned to nurture the merchant’s serpent.
- She would prefer her perfect and superb bottle of purple perfume.
- What’s the alternative to the eternal extermination of these hermit crabs?
- We were yearning to return to the reserve to terminate our turkey research.
- You observed commercials that were certified to coerce circus worms to learn to squirm.
- We were deterred from using her detergent to clean the surface of the burn on her urban t-shirt.