Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
head – hed
led/lead – led
met – met
kept – kept
leapt – lept
neck – nek
let – let
pet – pet
wet – wet
set – set
vet – vet
bet – bet
fret – fret
debt – det
net – net
peg – peg
jet – ʤet
peck – pek
red/read – red
ɛ – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- The threat of a wet peg.
- Let the bird peck the vet in the neck.
- Fred never met Ed and kept it secret.
- She bet the red jet would get wrecked.
- I stepped in a net and caught my neck.
- The lead ahead will cause bloodshed to spread.
- He let me get some reps in on the next doorstep.
- Check the deck for high-tech pegs set on a thread.
- I bet the next reptile accepts the wet red bread instead.
- We crept in and swept the floor except the inept and unkept steps.