Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
hut – hɐt
fun – fɐn
but – bɐt
klutz – klɐtz
clutch – klɐʧ
stuff – stɐf
muff – mɐf
glove – glɐv
love – lɐv
mud – mɐd
dud – dɐd
cut – kɐt
rut – rɐt
mutt – mɐt
bun – bɐn
sun/son – sɐn
ɐ – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- His son had fun in the mud hut.
- King Tut’s haircut must be rough.
- Mum loves to come to see gum trees.
- He cut the plum and covered it in crumbs.
- The drummer hummed a dumb tune for fun.
- To cut the mutt’s gut one must use some thrust.
- She drummed her thumb on some glum guy’s bum.
- A number of numb nuns were cutting nuts to make buns.
- The puppy from the slum rubbed his tongue on his gums.
- The handcuffed muppet used his beloved gloves to nudge the clutch.