Listen to the audio file and repeat these words aloud.
hard – hɑːd
lard – lɑːd
start – stɑːt
card – kɑːd
fart – fɑːt
marred – mɑːd
barn – bɑːn
yarn – jɑːn
farm – fɑːm
harm – hɑːm
palm – pɑːm
calm – kɑːm
smart – smɑːt
dart – dɑːt
dark – dɑːk
ɐː – Tongue Twisters
Practice phrases to read out loud:
- He calmly disarmed the alarm.
- There’s a dark palm in the farm’s barn.
- I tied a hard charm on some yarn on my arm.
- Her daft scarf fell on the path as the car passed.
- She laughed at the darn farm that’s marred by calves.
- On behalf of the staff we had a laugh at the aftermath.
- The gallah laughed hard from afar whilst smoking a cigar.
- The film star started playing guitar in a bar not far from Qatar.
- The giraffe’s calf smarted after half the grafting operation was past.
- Half of the raft store staff got on the Flagstaff train calmly after dark.